Senior Recruitment Consultant
With an enviable reputation, commitment to quality and a broad network of exclusive clients, Ford & Stanley are renowned as market leaders within recruitment across the rail and engineering sectors. Our continued success is built upon the long lasting relationships we establish with both our clients and candidates.
The future is extremely bright for Ford & Stanley – with exciting and ambitious growth plans over the next 18 months and beyond. For the last three years the business has reported 48% year on year growth resulting in the investment of over 5,000 square feet of additional office space on Pride Park, Derby. We value our employees and offer a vibrant working environment with state of the art infrastructure, ensuring our consultants have access to all the tools they need to consistently deliver a first class level of service.
If you’re looking to join an exciting growing company, full of passionate people, a fantastic working environment and real career prospects, make Ford & Stanley your next career destination.
- Do you want to maximize your billing potential? We will provide you with all the tools, training, hints, tips and techniques to become a top performing consultant and expert headhunter, way beyond the capabilities of standard database searches and advertising.
- Do you want a clear and defined progression and promotion structure? From day one you will join the company People Programme where the 6 stepping stones from Trainee Recruitment Consultant through to Director, are clearly defined.
- Do you have ambitions to become a Divisional Lead? Here we don’t “grow desks,” we develop divisions, that are only limited to your ambitions and capabilities.
- Do you want to be able to personally manage your monthly commission? Via your personal commission calculator, you can plan in advance, how much you will earn and plan how you want to spend it! We operate an uncapped monthly commission scheme where you can start earning commission in your first month.
- Would you like to rid yourself of limitations and exercise your right to entrepreneurial thinking? Our business is ‘All About People’ as our tag line suggests! Ford & Stanley is built entirely on the ideas and the creativity of its employees. Each employee can benefit from “vertical” progression and develop “horizontal” responsibilities in what it takes to run a highly successful business.
- Do you want to become known as an “industry expert” within your discipline? We want each and every consultant in our business to develop a strong reputation and personal brand within their area of expertise. We provide personal brand coaching and mentoring to compliment this.
- Would you like to passionately believe in the company you are working for, feel valued and empowered each and every day you come into work? We are the business for you.
- Source relevant candidates by networking through existing contacts & industry specialists and reaching out to passive job seekers
- Interview candidates that are relevant to your sector and clients ensuring you have a sound understanding of their skills, motivations and career aspirations
- Compile and present shortlisted candidates to new and existing clients
- As an expert within your discipline – Identify and secure new business by means of networking, relationship building, consulting, selling your expertise/personal brand/knowledge of your sector and sourcing in demand, industry specific talent and presenting their skills to new and existing clients
- Attend meetings and networking events to communicate and sell the services of Ford & Stanley
- Manage the end to end selection process from initial interview, candidate & client feedback through to day one of the candidates employment with the client.
- Support junior members of the team by mentoring and coaching alongside the Team Leader/Head of Department
- Hit and achieve daily, weekly, monthly & yearly sales and productivity targets
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years previous recruitment sales experience
- Able to assist with training and mentoring junior recruiters
- Excellent communication skills – face to face & telephone
- Commercial sales ability
- Ability & desire to learn and progress
- IT literate – Microsoft packages (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Emotionally intelligent
- Resilience – capable of dealing with the highs and lows of recruitment